View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute
Default First drag night...not the worst ever.

Went to Brainerd International Raceway's Wednesday Night Drag Races last night. Results were mixed but overall for being my first time I am pretty please...and had a hell of a time anyway.

For you guys that just can't wait:

Tires: 305/30r19 R-S3s rear inflated to 25psi cold/30psi hot. 245/40r19s Protenza inflated to 38psi cold and hot.
Suspension: Swift lowering springs, Whiteline rear diff bushings.
Gas: 93 octane on 91 tune, half tank.
Weather: 75 degrees and overcast.
Other: Zip. I didn't take anything including the spare out.

Best run: 13.21 @ 115.92mph.

Ok, now the more interesting stuff...this is a journey thread anyway.

The car is 100% responsible for not making the driver look like a fool. No, not kidding. I have a long way to go when it comes to launch. I had a really hard time holding a consistent RPM below 3500 or so. I gave up and tried launching at 3500 but would either get wicked spin or red light trying to ease the clutch out to avoid that spin. Annoying but hey, virgin over here so whateva'.

Out of 10 runs I only blew three shifts which made me happy since the week before at an autocross that included a runway run I was missing them all day. I really saw the benefits of a short shifter. Put that on the list.

The car is a monster. We don't have a lot of 370Zs up here in Minnesota, fewer that are boosted (most are supercharged), and even fewer are raced on the 1/4 or track. So when I would screw up a launch and still run down a Mustang XYZ I got some looks. Even the announcer made a comment about what was hiding under my hood. That was fun.

So I have 1.21 seconds to shave before the 11s. I know that 100 octane will get me most of the way there and a proper coilover setup will seal the deal but I want to get in to the 12s without either first. They are so close and getting there will tell me a lot about my launch control improvement. And at this point it is clear that to get in the 10s it will take a combination of 50% launch improvement and 50% improvement in the set up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-08-28 10.08.47.jpg (226.6 KB, 26 views)
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote