View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #467 (permalink)
SgtGoldy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: C63 AMG - LSD
SgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waizzz View Post
Alright, here is the APEXi throttle controller install that I have been lagging on sharing!

Here is a photo of what you get with the kit (Control Unit, toggle switch, directions, and Throttle linkage)

The controller has 7 Setting Modes: (3 ECO Modes, 2 Boost Modes, Lo-Throttle Mode, and Hi-Throttle Mode).

I have spent significant time with the Eco modes and I now drive around with the most extreme Eco modes (for stop and go traffic) and the middle Eco modes for normal driving. Freeway merging or passing I drive around in the High-boost mode and it completely opens up the power of the car and removes any lag in throttle.

( Click to show/hide )

I removed the Fuse panel to determine what kind of installation I could work with and realized I had a good amount of space to mount the box

First thing I did was uninstall the OEM throttle and placed the APEXi cable between the two connections

As you can see there was quite a bit of extra wiring that I tucked behind the carpet to hide

I was then able to place the control box on an empty section of the panel (affixed with some double-sided tape)

I then focused my attention on how I was going to mount the controller switch, that is when I realized the fuse cover has a hole at the bottom which the cabling could run through

Then I remounted the Fuse cover and checked all my clearances

Success!

Matches the interior well

Final setup, works really well and is pretty subtle!

you shouldnt be lagging after that install...

C63 AMG
LSD - Straight Pipe - EuroCharge v5 - Vossen CV7 - IG: @SuperFastYo
SgtGoldy is offline   Reply With Quote