View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 01:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I have never used any octane booster that work. It has been a while since I bought VP C12 or C14.
Any octane booster you buy from a parts store will not work, I have mixed my own race gas but I also know what and how much of each chemical I want and where to get it. Some of the boosters and concentrates do work, but they are NOT cheap, and the main problem with them is mix consistency. Fuel from the pump is ok consistency once you get into the 100octane range, fuel from the can is ALWAYS dead on, when you mix it yourself you need 120% accuracy to get the number you want and the additive, and base fuel manufacturer can't be off or lying at all. Some of the boosters that do work don't work as well as they say depending on the fuel they are being mixed into, this is due to certain chemicals having thresholds. As an example Toluene when mixed into virgin gas can bump octane when mixed up to 5% past that there is no increase so if the 91 you start with has 2% toluene in it already and your additive is toluene based it will only give you 60% of the gain it says it will since the extra would be wasted.
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote