View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Akmcmahon
Base Member

Drives: 13 370Z Mag Black M6
Akmcmahon is on a distinguished road
Default Did a baseline dyno today!

So I dynoed my 2013 Touring Sport today to see what the stock numbers would be before doing any mods to the car. They seem to be in the normal range, but that depends on what others have been dynoing like. Only real concern I see is the TQ numbers seem lower than normal. But again, that could be because of the setup. I'll explain:

I'm used to dynoing a car in the gear closest to 1:1, although more often than not it's 4th gear. I've never had a car dynoed in 3rd gear until today. I'm not sure what the difference in numbers will be, but I'm sure it will be lower. Really doesn't matter to me as I know it's just a reference for gains after mods and tuning. The other thing that was different this time is that they didn't use a fan in front to simulate air flow. So these numbers are on a warm 85 degree morning in 3rd gear with no fan. No fan is probably the biggest culprit for heat soak and the consistent drop in numbers for each subsequent pull. Do these numbers look normal for these conditions? From what I've searched they seem in line. But most people don't say what the conditions were. 3rd gear or 4th. Fan or no fan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0002.jpg (681.8 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg scan0003.jpg (297.3 KB, 131 views)
Akmcmahon is offline   Reply With Quote