View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #3657 (permalink)
SgtGoldy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: C63 AMG - LSD
SgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I haven't been very impressed with laser sights. I have tried them on home-protection handguns and 1) you have to remember to turn them on in a tense situation and 2) they give away your position. Seems to me to be like racking a pump shotgun - more for effect on the person on the wrong end than anything else. If I'm protecting my home, my goal is not to scare you. YMMV

I've removed the laser sights from all my handguns except a BB pistol.
My home protection gun is a Glock 21SF with a TLR2 laser/light mounted to my rail.

I have once had to clear my house with it (heard a window break middle of the night. Come to find out it was just kids that threw a rock through it). I didn't turn the light or laser on cause my eyes were adjusted to the dark. I can see using it though, which is why I keep it on the gun. I rather have it there and not need the light rather than need it and not have it.

C63 AMG
LSD - Straight Pipe - EuroCharge v5 - Vossen CV7 - IG: @SuperFastYo
SgtGoldy is offline   Reply With Quote