View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Drakonis GTR
Base Member

Drives: 09' 370Z B/S Rd M6
Drakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice97 View Post
Not necessarily. If they don't defame or insinuate the vehicle is bad or the company is full of a holes, it could be considered fair use in art.

They could use the actual Nissan name if they make fun of it and parody it in some way. HOW? hell I don't know, but I really don't see Nissan going ape over this.
Has there ever been a ford mustang in a comic.

How about all the transformers, did they get the car companies permission?(legit question i don't know)
For the original cartoon, not entirely sure. I do know that they had GM's permission for the new movies (hell, GM fought hard for their vehicles to be in those movies). I understand they had originally planned to use a new VW Beetle for BumbleBee, but VW turned them down. Not totally positive about the reason why, but someone told me it was because VW didn't want their vehicles in any "violent" movies. Not sure if that's true or not.

2009 Nissan 370Z Base w/ Sport Package
F.I . LTHs with Non-Resonated Cat-back exhaust (C.F.) / Stillen Gen3 CAI / Up-Rev Tune
Drakonis GTR is offline   Reply With Quote