Thread: More Sidewayz!
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #231 (permalink)
VDC_OFF
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z M6
VDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for not updating in a while, its been a slow year when it comes to driving at events. Ive really been focused on this new house im building and all my money has been going to that. I will move in this week and am really excited. Was going to sell my car but then my side business, Houston Halos, has really been taking off. Ive been busy every weekend working on other peoples cars, which also means less time to work on mine. But I still want to get out there after I am done with the house so whenever I can I have been slowly getting ready. Here is my proof:

Some drift spares

And my cone gaurd

I recently I had some ideas on what else I wanted to do to my car..a problem creative people have. I even photoshopped the idea and kept staring at it until I finally scheduled the time to make it happen. Ordered the vinyl and came up with this.

Old drawing trick from middle school.

Made the line for the knifeless tape and cut.

Made more lines...

Add second vinyl color, cut more and then add awesome decals

TADA!

Also needed to explain what Houston Halos is to the people who see me driving around. These help:

If you notice on that last pic, there are some scuff marks on the bumper. Yes, that means I finally got to go drifting again!! Had a cancellation on headlights so wifey suggested we hit that drift even at Mineral Wells, Texas. Its a good 5 hour hike from Houston so we packed up last minute and hit the road. Only had room for 2 wheels in the trunk along with tools and such but found someone there who had some Kenda tires for sale who would take them to the event. I love Kendas and there was also a tire mounting machine at the eventso everything worked out perfectly! I was really happy!

Anyways made a good 20 runs or so learning how to control my car at about 80mph entries. Spun out at first a few times, then learned it was because i was hesitant with the throttle. When I let off for any reason (mainly fear) the rear end kicked around and I spun. Had to untuck the nuts and go at it full throttle. Next lap I entered at about 5k rpm in 3rd gear and then clutch kicked the revs while holding the gas. Revs were bouncing pretty high but it did the trick! As long as I held the gas it kept going all the way to the transition where I had to let go of the gas to flick the car and then get on it right away after throwing the steering wheel the other direction. If I was too slow on getting on the gas the car swung too much and led to a spin. Timing is everything when it comes to transitions I learned and think this event was very successful. Also tried driving with the crap tires I went out there with and saw a huge difference when I went to something grippier up front. Even though the Kendas I scored were 225/40's, as long as I lowered the air pressure to 28lbs they were grippy enough to steer the car at high speed entries. Tires make a huge difference.

Next on the list is to install the 2nd rear caliper, find an open differential to weld, and find a cheap solution to getting more steering angle.

Here are a couple pics I found after the event. Wish I bought the green gatorade...

Last edited by VDC_OFF; 08-25-2014 at 03:11 PM.
VDC_OFF is offline   Reply With Quote