View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 06:37 AM   #39 (permalink)
Shiru
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Nismo
Shiru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
Oil temps. be careful your running upper end right now. Id go for biggest cooler you can mount. Also be waware if you go with sticky tires the cars have oil starve issue as well. ...speaking of starve get one of Phunks suel starve kits or you will be doomed to running full tank of gas forever.
Definitely something I'll need to look into. I hadn't heard of oil starving on these cars as an issue. For this summer I'm sticking with OEM tires but I'll look for better options over the winter while its in storage.

Quote:
Brakes. Be very very cautious. If you are serious track guy and like braking deep the OEM abs system will bite you with Ice mode eventually. First time it happened to me I almost $hit my pants. Had to throw car sideways into turn to slow myself down. Important to now the 370Z is heavily rear brake biased in stock form. You should keep that in mind when making pad choices.
I had "ice mode" happen to me on the street and ya, I nearly messed myself. For the brakes I'm running upgraded pads plus I'm looking at ventilation options for improved cooling. The ABS is a whole different story and as this is still a street driven car, I'll just deal with it.

Quote:
These cars handle far better than any SM I have seen on track. I pass them in turns all the time in the Z. I
Well the Z is definitely faster but for tossibility into a corner the properly setup Miata is hard to beat.
Shiru is offline   Reply With Quote