View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
BA9092
Base Member

Drives: '13 370Z PW 6M
BA9092 is on a distinguished road

wstar,

Not sure if you're still following this thread.

I went back to my alignment/suspension guys, Texas Track Works in Fort Worth.

Prior to going there though, I did replace all my 15mm Z1 spacers with 15mm from H&R. They did improve things SLIGHTLY. However, it was still present between 65 and 80mph. Traffic prevented me from going any faster.

They checked the alignment and said everything looked fine. Then we went for a test drive. The roads out in Fort Worth are all concrete and quite irregular, so we weren't able to get that smooth asphalt to feel the vibration.

He said it was probably the spacers. He doesn't think it's an out of balance rotor nor wheel bearings. He DID say the tires are well past their halfway wear point and did sound very loud and thought they could be the culprit as well - either wear, out of round or just a bad tire.

I'd hate to replace the tires with a few months still left on them if that's not the problem. I don't see a rotor being out of balance either, but that's the cheapest of the routes right now. I could replace the bearings since I now have duplicate extended studs from my H&R spacers.

Any further recommendations?

Replace oem rotors? Replace bearings? Ditch the OEM RE050A's?

I don't want to do any more mods to this car until I get this pesky vibration resolved first.