View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #85 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKKNGHT_Z34 View Post
So the other day I decided to try it out on my 2011 370z base model, and when you press and hold the button for about 15 seconds, it does completely disable the vdc and tc. You will also notice that you will not and cannot turn the vdc control back on once you completely disable it. You will have to shut the car off and restart it for the vdc to function as designed. Hope this helps.
You have it backwards. Pushing the VDC OFF button disables the Vehicle Dynamic Control (one of a couple of systems within the traction control system). The light on the instrument panel indicates that VDC is disabled.

I tested this out earlier today. If you hold the button, the light on the IP comes on as soon as you push it in. After what I estimate to be ~10 sec, the light on the IP goes off. I drove the car and confirmed that VDC was still enabled. I was unable to turn VDC OFF until I turned the engine off and restarted the vehicle.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote