View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #26 (permalink)
G Fo12ce
Premium Member

Drives: Sold!
G Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
I hope you're waiting for a 2010 then, cuz you're just about out of time to get a 2009 in your color choice...............
That's exactly what I meant, I'm waiting for a 2010.

Matt I a want white one. I agree the Nismo looks hot in any color, although I don't care for platinum graphite on any car. Not that it looks bad, it's just that when I fix up a car I like gunmetal color wheels and you end up with a giant blob of grey. Just got out of a silver car and want to go in a different direction and red didn't strike me in person the same as white did. Black is hot literally and figuratively. It's my second choice but I had a black Supra and 240 back in the day and it's really a chore to keep it looking good, I'm either getting too old or too lazy for black maybe lol. There is 1 white left in a 100 mile radius from me but that dealer won't go under invoice for their 2009 even after I showed them another dealer is selling 2 '09 and $1500 under. That being said I'd rather just wait a few weeks for the new 2010 build dates because there are always dealers willing to sell at invoice. Since the 2010's only went up $60 why pay basically the same price for the older car right?

Couple more thoughts. If the car were available at the right deal I'd probably be tempted and get it, so no disrespect to all you guys with 09's. I'm sure most are perfect. It has a warranty as well for the less perfect times lol. However, my personal opinion and experience is based on past practice. My gut tells me it's better to wait. I had an '03 G35C (first model year) and had warranty things to deal with like the bad synchro issue that was common on the 350 too. I found out when I got it warrantied Nissan had already revised/superseded the transmission 7 times in a year of production. That's stuff they don't tell you when they advertise the new models years. Maybe the 370Z is more sorted out having had the same drive-train in the G for a while first. But I guess I'd rather have the peace of mind and less potential hassle and get the newest car I can.

Either way I hope to be posting pics of a 370 and officially join you guys soon!

Last edited by G Fo12ce; 11-24-2009 at 01:13 PM.
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote