View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #66 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
lol, it just rubbed me the wrong way. Hopefully ill get some time to play with the car this weekend. I would like to wait for the boost tubes from Sasha before tweaking with the tune. I was thinking of pulling the bottom of the tubes off the intercooler and just letting it suck air like it otherwise would and see if its the restriction causing these issues.

Its clear to everyone that its bouncing. Which means that the natural frequency of the O2s to switch from rich to lean is getting close to to natural frequency of the intake system. I suspect thats whats happening. That would cause the hunt, and if we tap back in the crankcase pressure lines with a PCV valve (to protect the bottom end under boost) this would allow the system to operate at a vacuum and change the natural frequency of the system.

One way to find out, lol it just involves tapping into my boost tubes, but hey if im getting new ones anyways I might as well give it a shot.
I hear you! Other than us providing alternate data points you are the driver of what's going on in the progress of a solution My man!

Question - Can you route the PCV back into the intake tubes? The only reason I ask this is because the GTM TT kit has them routed in the air filter tubes pre-turbo. From the experience I have with those kits, they aren't having the issues we are.

That being said, I don't know how we do that since the filter is clamped directly to the compressor inlet.

I'm definitely down for a solution. I'd happily tap my intake piping for the PCV system if it'll take care of the hiccup.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote