View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #25 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckshaw View Post
I have this code and a random misfire code occasionally. I've barely been driving the car and was still searching for a solid fix. Planning on replacing the sensor soon but don't have a lot of confidence that will fix the issue. May wind up just disabling the code as others have done.
Did you start getting the random misfire code after you upgrade the clutch/flywheel. As I understand it the sensor is so sensitive that the chatter of the tranny and lightweight flywheel, along with a higher than stock idle rpm, will set it off. I got that code when I first installed the kit. I had my tuner turn down the sensitivity on the sensor that trips that code and I've had no issues since. If I recall properly he just lowered the sensitivity under 1500 rpms.

Sounds like I'll disable it too if I can't find an actual cause. I'm going in for a retune in a couple months anyway so my tuner will have a few days to play with it and get it dialed correctly.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote