View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #42 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
While I agree with you on basis I would argue that real world adjustments to the fact would cause very little if at all 0 changes to the overall output of the engine since we are not dealing with direct injection engines. That argument would be valid if we were talking about emission generation and controlling the hydrocarbons. But usually when one is concerned about that it is during a constant state operation such as idling or cruising down the interstate.

On a direct injected engine that does not rely on the fuel evaporating (and thus cooling the charge before it hits the engine) I would say that yes it becomes a greater concern, in fact all the diesels I tune have a IAT right before the air hits the plenum for that exact reason. The IATs have a huge effect on the burn rates in direct injected engines.

Again its just my opinion on the matter. Plus if you look at the Uprev timing tables there is only so much fine adjustment available to the end tuner. Its a limitation to the memory in the ECU.
I'm sorry but IAT's play a HUGE role in detonation threshold so what you are basically doing is pumping a whole hell of a lot of air that can be 50-150 degrees above ambient/what the MAF is telling the ecu it is and expecting it's effect on ignition timing to be negligible? That is why the stillen kits clack away like a tap dancing festival once they are heat soaked and the ecu starts pulling gobs of timing as the knock sensor pick it up.
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote