View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. Tuning with a blow-through MAF configuration is sort of a middle-ground between MAP tuning and MAF tuning. With a pull-through MAF configuration, we would get the results we want to expect of a MAF sensor, but unfortunately we would top-out the MAF sensors extremely early. With our blow-through MAFs, our ECU will detect additional airflow, it just will not detect it accurately. But its not exactly that important, since we are recalibrating the maps based on the end results... sort of a "manual closed feedback" during tuning.

One interesting flaw in pull-through MAF configuration in boosted applications is the lack of an additional air temp sensor in the plenum. The compressor and intercooler will have such dramatic effects on air temps that having the only air temp measure taken after the air filter is not dependable at all. I wonder if R35 GT-R has an additional air temp sensor... I dont remember seeing one. I will have to try and look that up.

Last edited by phunk; 08-20-2014 at 01:48 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote