View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rid3_FaM0uS
Track Member

Drives: 2011 BS Nismo 370z
Rid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond repute

Friday April 11, 2014 - AKA The Death of Betsy

Moving on to the week leading up to my tune date; I received my oil cooler(5 months behind but I wasn't worried Tony is a stand up guy and I knew he was VERY busy with the gorgeous new turbo kit installs that he had freshly pushed out into the market) from Fast Intentions and It couldn't have made for more perfect timing! Gave the car a good prep wash on Sunday night and took her out for a spin to test the new short throw(it was then that I discovered me and the new front tires were going to have some serious issues with one another.) brought it back in for the night and on Monday after work I began to install the oil cooler and change oil for the dyno tune. Took me about an evening fighting with the lines to properly to install what I could. Setrab conveniently bagged up a -10 fitting for my core in place if what was supposed to be a second -8 so I had to have Dan with F.I. Rush deliver me a new fitting. It arrived on Thursday afternoon so after work I bolted my @ss home to finish the install on that and get oil back in the car. I spent the rest of the evening thoroughly cleaning the car inside and out as well as inspecting all the clamps fittings hoses(EVERYTHING) for leaks or issues. I found myself still awake at 4:30 AM messing with the car and we had to leave for Louisville, Kentucky by 5am. Loaded the car into the trailer and started to head south. Arrived at Dynosty shortly before 9 am; unloaded the car, took it down the road to reset the Christmas tree from trying to change front tires to counter the fender rub issue up front come back park the car for just a minute while they finish pulling cars out of the shop and what do ya know I've got a slow oil drip from my turbo oil feed distribution block. Story of my damn life. Anyways from here on out the rest of the story still makes me very livid to tell to this day but life goes on. Here is the thread for those of you who are honestly interested in it.

It is time.

It goes into detail as to how the day went and issues I ran into.
I made it back home that night sometime around 9:30-10:30 iirc and stayed up until 3:30 am pulling apart everything but the bell housing bolts, the motor mounts, and evacuating/disconnecting the AC. I had been up since 6am on Thursday the 10th(45 hours) with ZERO sleep so I was ready to rip off heads and shi+ down throats of just about anything that looked at me crooked.

Last edited by Rid3_FaM0uS; 08-21-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Rid3_FaM0uS is offline   Reply With Quote