View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rid3_FaM0uS
Track Member

Drives: 2011 BS Nismo 370z
Rid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond repute

GTM TT Install

So fast forward to about the 2nd of August 2013 and my turbo kit has arrived. I ran the car up to the shop that night and immediately started tearing the car down. Made it up to drilling and tapping the block that night.

Following day was filled with several headaches but I managed to make some progress getting the driver side turbo up and the rack components installed.
Had to take a break for a few days from it at this point then got back to It on the weekend and finished the install.

Then I had to wait on Sam for my tunes. Took 2-3 days IIRC to send emails back and forth(plus an issue with a fuse not allowing my osiris cable to properly communicate with the ECU in his defense) and finally receive my startup tune. First start up had a slight coolant leak from the driver side "T" but other than that things went smooth. I was eager to take her down the road for all the logging which went rather smooth I was very impressed.

Her first time mobile boosted

Drove the car to my second job that Sunday night (I believe it was) with no front bumper and got ALL KINDS of stares around town haha. She was happy on 4.4 lbs for a while. Tightened up the waste gates springs and it bumped up to about 5.2lbs. Read up and got familiarized with my boost controller and had it sitting around 7.8lbs for a little while. My full 2.5" exhaust showed up the end of that October and I knew it was game on then. Immediately I saw a gain of 4lbs of boost and I could feel it on the butt dyno! The car began to "feel fast" at this point. The clutch then began to have issues with the torque I was asking of it so I bought a 5 puck SZ clutch w/upgraded CSC and aluminum flywheel. The car was ready for battle now. I had a blast with it until winter hit; I couldn't get myself OUT of the damn car honestly. It was the most fun I could enjoy on the daily in a very long time. December came around and I decided it was time. I promised myself this car would never see a snow flake and I intended to keep it that way.

Last edited by Rid3_FaM0uS; 08-20-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Rid3_FaM0uS is offline   Reply With Quote