View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24king View Post
What's the plan here though like for me they sent me to post office checks for $900 a piece I was told to deposite and withdraw it. Then for me to keep the $400 they owe me plus $50 for running around. Then i send the rest via western union to a "shipper". And the shipper will come pick up the surf board. What could have been the outcome had I fallen for it. Are the checks fake or what?? Some of these scams seem very poorly thought out. Idk maybe I'm just not dumb. But an explanation for what they were attempting would be cool.
This scam is basically this.
They send money into an account, wire transfer/check, you withdraw it since it initially clears the basic security checks, and forward the money along. A week later the back does a final review and finds it is fake/scam and pulls those funds from your account.

I saw a story on this a few years ago they were doing this to lawyers. It all looked legal, checked out, money went through, but after a week to ten days it all went south.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote