View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
GSS138
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z 6M Sport
GSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I didn't even understand why martin liked the damn KW, and he didn't understand why I hated it, and then I told him it's the colors, and then he said "Lakers Bro". And then it made sense to me.

18's are the way to go for affordability in tires. The price is honestly 100's of dollars difference as martin pointed out and there are many more options with a 18" wheel. It also improves your acceleration as the drag strip guys know. I run 19" Foose "Bling Chrome" wheels on street 1 because they look nice, but 2 I would be at a disadvantage on track. If you want to see the real problem browse the GTR forums where they all have 20" wheels. There are no tire options for those guys besides the toyo R888. They have one friggin tire option in that size. (maybe soon they will have the NT01)

With an 18" wheels your tire options are 10 fold at least.

And yes, if you were potentially in need of tires, then talking to the owner of a car that one of hankook's sponsored drivers on this forum owns is mutually a good idea.