View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 06:06 PM   #104 (permalink)
GSS138
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z 6M Sport
GSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
Very interesting thread with a lot of technical information.
I must have failed physics and geometry whats the principle behind keeping the front bars at the hardest setting and keeping the rear bar at the softest even so keep it with the oem bar.
My Z is currently set front and rear at the hardest setting with whitelines
Yup the car is bouncy and horrible to drive running on coils too.
Do i need to adjust the dampening or the preload of the springs in the rear?
Im at 25 clicks from soft to hard front and rear dampeners. My coils has 32 settings.
For street driving on that bar, just based on the numbers, I would probably go middle in the front, softest in the rear.

I think Martin has or had the whitelines maybe he can comment.

I wouldn't mess with the preload. The preload especially on a daily driven car is a good thing.

As for the clicks, tell us which coils you have. Also are you adjusting rebound or compression? There are 2-way and one way dampers. It sounds like you have one way, and most one way dampers are rebound only.

The basic way you tune compression vs rebound is this: Go full soft on rebound, and then maybe two clicks on compression. Drive the car.

If you aren't happy add 2 more clicks of compression. Drive the car.

Add 2 more, etc. Until it "feels" correct for you.

Once you have dialed in compression, do the same thing with rebound, until the car feels too "jumpy" or uncontrollable for your tastes.

If you only have rebound, then use the same Idea. Just start at close to 0, and then add a little at a time.