View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 03:09 AM   #158 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk370 View Post
^remember guys, when the Z32 TT debuted it was a direct competitor to C4 Vette. The people saw it that way too. They had about the same level of hp, 0-60; 1/4 times, MSRP, etc. But Nissan had to put the Z on hiatus because the SUV craze came into play during the mid 90s and on because the trend was changing. The Z33 imo was a let down. Watered down, styling was kinda cheap and plasticky, and the C5, C6 Vettes were a step above it in price, performance, etc.

If the next Z can make at least 400hp, do 12-sec range 1/4s, etc....people will pay $60K for it. It will be a direct competitor to C7 Vette...then, the Z06/ZR1 will be the direct competitor to the GT-R....But I gotta feeling Nissan is gonna cheapen down the Z to make it a mass market sports car like the BRC Scion...whatever that Beans Rice and Cheesy thing is supposed to be.
No one will pay for A $60k Z. Going upmarket due to the state of the yen is what killed the Z32. Not so much SUV'S People expect a Z to be less than a vette with near performance. At $38k the Z32 was selling. At $50k it did nothing. Same will happen if we go upmarket