View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 01:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Seat time, I get it. But can you polish a turd (Mythbusters not included)? My friend hated the HTR z3 also on a WRX so... So if no one can comment on what I felt vs what i have setup, then I'll just go with what I had in mind. Splitter, tires, roll cage.

What does a scca event have to do with anything? I googled ohio autoX events and went to one. Happened to be a scca event for $40 for 8 runs. Sounded good to me.
SCCA normally sucks if you need seat time. If you get 8 runs in a SCCA event for $40, more power to you and that would be a great reason to get a SCCA membership and you have a great local SCCA club. Most of the ones I see and have been to are 3-4 runs at <40 sec each. This is after working on course for two hours, screw that. This has nothing against you, I just think it is annoying to autox with 200 people at the bigger clubs. I understand it is one of the big regional event, but for a fun Sunday drive it sucks. It's the same reason why I no longer autocross.

Oh yeah before you even talk about setup, you might want to scoop up a set of R-S3 for cheap and start with that. You will chase your setup forever and not find as much time as a set of tires.

Last edited by cossie1600; 08-19-2014 at 01:36 AM.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote