View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #46 (permalink)
Justice97
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 370Z MB M6
Justice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond repute

Picked her up from dealer and I noticed a change in response right off. All they did was adjust ecu and clear CEL.

Cleaned TBs. Took about 1.5 hrs including bowel movement and lonely mans lasagna meal. Not bad but boy were they dirty. 34K on her and I don't think it has ever been done. Used CRC TB cleaner about 40 qtips and 10 shop towels.

I did not disconnect because I didn't think it would give me much more maneuverability and didn't want to deal with reset. I did unbolt to get to back side, a must in my opinion. You really don't want all that garbage going into your baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03g35coupe6mt View Post
i think as long as you dont push on the throttle plate and move it when its off you shouldnt have to do any reset.
OOOOOOPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I did move the butterfly. I wanted to make sure I cleaned every bit of it, and when you move it you can see what you miss. I was wondering about it as I started to move it.....second guess....**** it, move it, if it need reset oh well. Made no difference. I took it for a spin and not a problem. Idle was smooth at stops. I let her idle for about 3 or 4 minutes after wards and it was steady and smooth. I think it might be a few days before i can say the idle drop at stops has gone away completely.

Once again, thanks to you guys I feel comfortable and happy with my Z.
Justice97 is offline   Reply With Quote