View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #41 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

'They' say you can just spray the TB cleaner on them while installed. I don't know who 'they" is other than random voice on the internet. My first thought is I don't think I want that stuff in my intake manifold no matter how fast it evaporates. Second, after seeing it firsthand, you should really remove the TBs to get at the majority of the gunk on the back side of the butterfly valve.

I suppose you could possibly remove the TBs and lay a towel over the engine and try to clean the TBs over the towel while the harness is still attached. Seems like a hassle to me.

The reset is easy (car OFF 10 sec, ignition ON 2 sec, repeat once). Then mash down your throttle for the next 50-100 miles. Every time you accelerate give it WOT. As much as possible. Someone try this and see if you notice a change in how the car responds to your throttle input. It won't help with the lag on the stock tune, but I bet you notice a peppier response.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote