View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
Justice97
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 370Z MB M6
Justice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond reputeJustice97 has a reputation beyond repute

Reviving an old one.

Had a check engine light come on and idle issues. I took it to dealer and they told me that there was a bulletin about reprogramming the ecu, something about how my car was running rich, then lean then rich then lean and it was adding greater carbon build up on the TB. The reprogramming was covered under warranty, but the cleaning was going to cost $180.00. UMMM ILL DO THAT MYSLEF.

Anyway they told me that cleaning the throttle bodies should be done every 20k to 30K miles and should become part of my regular maintenance. Although it is not on the list of maintenance, it should be.

Will get my car back tonight and i will clean them myself tonight. They told me the check engine light will be cleared but because of the erratic idling it will pop back up till they are cleaned and working properly.

Will write back when I am done cleaning and take it for a spin.
Justice97 is offline   Reply With Quote