View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Props for getting out there and driving, and posting it!

As long as your setup doesn't totally suck, try to focus on the driving more than the car parts (I know it's a hard thing to do, and I mostly failed at it!). It doesn't really matter how your time compares to anyone else's. All that matters is your time keeps getting better as you learn to drive the car. While it's helpful to read books and attend classes and think about all the conscious aspects of driving, I firmly believe at the end of the day the real core skills are sub-conscious, and there's just no better way to build them than to keep building up seat time. Once those are there, the rest is more like high-level strategy and planning.
Well again what I can describe is the cars suspensions very firm (18k/12k with settings set on half way. I think the shocks are 10/15 and reservoirs 7/15 front and rear). Every corner felt like ice. No body roll, just ice as the rear wanted to come around or the whole car just wanted to slide right off into a ditch. I didn't want to touch anything because out of 8 runs all laps were dropping till run 7-8, they were equal. So now that I knew the corse I could mess with compression/rebound etc but the day was over so...