View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Youre about to find out precisely how crappy the 370z is as a drag racing platform in its natural state!!!

I think with a lot of work, practice, and thinking you should be able to get an occasional 10 second pass following your guidelines (which pretty much limit you in every way except for running a big 18 or 19" tire)

Adjusting the alignment yourself for the camber can be done, but its not as simple as just adjusting the camber. When you move the camber, the toe changes a ton. I would recommend putting the car on an alignment rack and setting the alignment both ways using only the eccentric bolts to make the settings, and scribe the 2 positions for each adjuster on the crossmember so you can go back and forth as you wish. You will probably find that with 0 camber you dont notice any negative effects in handling on the street, and just leave it that way. The only negative I have found of running at almost 0 camber is that it looks stupid on this car... due to the body shape it actually looks like positive camber. But even on the street, you will want all the traction you can get, and I dont imagine you dialing the alignment back in to the slip-and-slide position after you see what a little more grip feels like.
Good advice. We are lucky and have a hardcore alignment guy in the cities. He does a lot of the race car setups. I'm sure he would be willing to let me move and mark. If that worked I'd be pretty pleased. Can't have 0 camber in a show!
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote