View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #1077 (permalink)
DavidL
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370z
DavidL is on a distinguished road
Default my opinion

for what its worth
I now have 16000 miles on my 370 and the highest the temps have been are 245. I have modded my car , gen3 intake , modded grill to let more air into intake and radiator , Headers , berk cats , FI exhaust , technosquare reflash , and many other small things to lighten and balance car better. I have also ordered the nismo rear diff cover and am installing a tranny and oil cooler. Do I wish the car already came this way ? Hell yes !! Most people will never drive there z as hard as I will on occaision and I will keep my car for longer than most and want to take the very best care of it I can !
I live in Fort Worth Texas and have driven in stop and go traffic at 100+ degree and in normal driving my oil Never gets over 215.
When I got it to 245 I was racing a modded NSX for 25 min on closed course at speeds fro 50 to over 150 either braking hard or wide open , at 50 degrees outside temp.
This is a sports car and driven agressively on the street will never need a oil cooler , BUT racing on the street or track , of course it needs one and all the other things that we feel our cars need to play like we want to play.
Damn there are some whiners on here , but most of us are really enjoying our cars , and doing what we want to with them .
This car is twice the car my 84 300z was and priced about the same (allowing for inflation). So my vote is either fix your car like you want it or shut the #### up and stop putting negative **** on this great website.
I love all the info and ideas on here , LOVE the constructive stuff and amused by the complainers !