View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Unless the Stillen kit has changed since the pictures I have seen, they are using a pre-compressor MAF layout. While this is more like how OEMs usually do it, this is going to max out the MAF sensors much earlier than the way everyone else aftermarket is doing it on these cars.

I would attempt to relocate the MAFs to the charge pipe between the SC and throttles. To do this, you would have to build a new pipe from the SC to the throttles. A Y pipe similar to the one it already has, except the individual legs need to extend much closer to the blower to give you adequate space for a MAF sensor for each throttle body. I would personally try and get the MAFs at least 12" from the throttles and 12" from the Y split to hopefully achieve a clean airflow reading.

Note that relocating the MAFs like this would require an immediate re-tune as the post-compressor MAF readings would be too low and cause you to go lean in boost with your existing tune.

For comparison, my twin turbo setup uses 2.75" tubes for each stock MAF sensor. With this configuration and my current MAF voltages, I believe I would have the sensors topped out by 625rwhp. A SC car willl make less to the wheels due to parasitic drag of the SC. So depending on your power goals, you might STILL need upgraded sensors or larger MAF tubes. I think that some of the TT kits use 3" but havent paid attention to that.