View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 05:06 PM   #120 (permalink)
Firebase99
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 3.8 Gen Coupe GT
Firebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson853 View Post
I never here much about the 3.8GT how is the 8 speed auto on it. Does it feel as fast as your old Z.
Well it's a lot more relaxed, more comfortable, all the tech, baseball leather, stitching, moonroof, nav, everything. It's definitely a GT, it's NOT A sports car, in any version IMO. It's way too heavy. It's definitely slower off the line. Not by too much, it's in the mid 5 to 60 and 13.8 quarter. Handling...no comparison, Z destroys it in the curves. It's not BAD, not like a feckin Lincoln but it's no Z. Though at speed, with the 8 speed auto in Sport mode, say 35+ mph, it's definitely faster than my 6 speed z. It suits me in the high traffic at 530 am driving to work. On the highway it's a great machine, passing power is amazing!!

I'm not *****ing you at speed it's QUICK. I nail it as often as possible, gear down with the paddle and hold the feck on!! I need better tires cuz the all season will put you in a wall when you put the hammer down at that speed. Need a lot of room. But fun as all hell.

Last edited by Firebase99; 08-15-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Firebase99 is offline   Reply With Quote