View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arrvaxx's quest for the 10s.

The insane power that my Fast Intentions turbos provide and the lack of boosted 'representation' on the 1/4 mile thread has inspired me to taking on a quest: 1/4 pass in the 10s.

There are some rules. This is not about a drag build. My 40th Anniversary is a daily driver, a track car, a show car, and now a drag strip car and I will not ruin one aspect to maximize another. Versatility is one of the things that I love about the Z cars.

Rule #1: No permanent mod may significantly impair the car's ability to perform in any other category.

Rule #2: A permanent mod is one that cannot be used when driving the car to an event, cannot be changed or modified in 60 minutes only hand tools and a floor jack, or cannot be carried in the car to an event where it is installed. This time is cumulative both at home and at the event. A mod is considered permanent also if it requires changing fluids.

Rule #3: Driving characteristics can be changed as long as I can change them back to 'normal' and still conform to other rules.

These rules mean:

- I cannot use slicks because slicks cannot be driven on the street and I cannot use a trailer to transport them with me.
- I can swap coilovers with different spring rates either at home or at the event.
- I can change brake pads but not brakes.
- I can do a bit of weight reduction. Not sure I could swap seats and make other changes in the 60 minute limit but it would be legal.
- I can adjust camber -if- I can prove to myself that I can get it back to 'normal' consistently. If I can't and changing it requires an alignment then I will have to deal with the camber I have since some camber is required for the track and show.

This thread is about my quest, my journey from strip virgin to seeing 10s on slips. I'll post setups, pics, vids, slips, and impressions after each event.

This thread is -not- a drag racing tech thread. That thread, as it relates to me, is HERE. There we can discuss and debate everything. Please leave this thread to laughing at my noob shifting technique (but offer advice on the -other- thread) and other general nonsense.

2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote