Thread: MAZOC Firearms
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #2229 (permalink)
murphman
Track Member

Drives: 370z Tour Black 7AT
murphman is on a distinguished road

Small range report:

Unfortunately I have only been able to put 350 rounds through the gun due to work constraints (I hit the range during lunch hours). The fit and finish is on point which I am sure is typical of HK pistols. Ergonomics are some of the best I have ever seen specially with the ability to not only change out back straps but the sides of the grips. I am currently running a small back strap with a large palm side and med support side strap.
The block has a nice tight lock up and press checks are effortless with the VP9.

As for shooting I went from a G19 to the VP9 and would say the G19 still has a slightly softer perceived recoil but we are talking 9mm here so there is no issued on recoil management. I have found the gun to track back on target very well allowing quicker and more accurate follow up shots. The trigger is crisp but a soft crisp is that make sense, compared to a G19 trigger which has a crisp break but a violent crisp break that you can feel a good vibration from the spring. The reset is nice and short with a positive reset but there is still something I need to test on this reset. I did not notice the first time out but I wear gloves when I shoot and this second time out I thought the reset felt like it was sticking as if something sticky was spilled inside the trigger mech. When I got home I played with the VP9 and the reset and did not notice it so maybe it was nothing but it is something I will look for when I get back out. My friend who is interested in a VP9 also has a PPQ so we compared them and I would have to say the PPQ reset gives the PPQ trigger the edge. The breaks are very close, PPQ reset might be just a hair shorter but the PPQ I felt had a more positive set.

As for accuracy this gun will out shoot me at my current skill level. I had no problem at 7 yards shooting out a 3 inch diameter circle with 100 rounds all rounds in the circle. Shots fired at half to 3/4 of a second intervals so not quite double tap speed.

I am hoping to get this gun up to 1000 rounds next week so maybe by then I will have a definitive answer to the sticky reset I thought I felt at the range yesterday.

For you guys looking to get one they are back in stock at CDNN for $599
HK VP9 9MM 4" STRIKER W/RAIL AMBI 3 DOT SGT 2-15RD