View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 01:34 AM   #99 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
I am not sure about the bold comments above. After all didnt we get posts of nearly all Nissan models being tarted up with Nismo aerostyling and interior lately? To me this indicates them merely milking their current vehicles and not really caring about the true meaning or performance orientations of a Nismo and what it should at least stands for. In essence I think Nissan made their statement showing that Nismo is nothing more than a badge and extra income potential for them.
I couldn't agree because it's way too soon to make that analysis in my opinion. There's only 2 new brand Nismo's. The Juke Nismo and Nismo RS which is considered the best handling CUV in it's class and the 2015 Z34 Nismo. The major upgrade aside from seats and bodystyle is a suspension tweak for improved track performance. And we have no data to ascertain whether the tune will improve performance. A good suspension tweak can shave seconds of a track time without a power bump. Remember, the lifespan of the Z34 is short now. If the 34 moves around the track quicker on a suspension tune only? It will be a sign for things to come in the 35.

The Nismo is also getting an automatic with improved gear ratios. This is another method to improve acceleration performance without boosting power.

I think the Juke Nismo proved itself for what it is... A compact FWD/AWD CUV for $27k'ish nicely equipped. I'll reserve my opinions on the current 34 Nismo till it's reviewed but... My prediction is this Nismo will be a moderate but significant step on a long road of improvements over the next 3 or 4 years.