View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #76 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Speaking of treadwear, do you check tire temps? I drove around the block after coil install and when checking rubbing and such when I got back I noticed the inner wall was hot as hell yet the outer was very cold. Obviously severe camber and getting it aligned tomorrow but it still made me think about temps on the track and wear. I'd assume even temps across the carcass is ideal? Thinking of buying a temp gun.
You want not more than 10-15 degrees C total spread between inner, middle and outer tyre measurements and the spread needs to be even. If the temps inner to middle are close, you can drop some camber.

The other thing to remember is that unless your pit is closest to pit entry, you will drop temps in the time take to transit the pitlane .. can be as much as 10 degC or more.

An R-Spec tyre that measures under 65-70 DegC is probably not working hard enough to generate maximum grip.

An infra-red temp gauge is an approximation only - you want a pyrometer with a probe to get into the tread proper for accurate readings, UNLESS the IR technology you are using is top-shelf (professional motorsport quality)
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote