View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #74 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Yeah that's all the general idea. I prefer a slightly loose car. Step one should be downsizing or getting rid of the rear sway, but I'm also way overdue to up my spring rates as well - and while the swaybar is the bigger issue right now, dropping rate from that is going to make at least my rear springs suddenly a bigger issue, too.

So I'm probably going to end up making both changes at once. It'll be fine if it's somewhere in the ballpark of correct. So I'll do a bunch of math and season it with some random guesswork and then throw on a set of springs and see what happens

Really, the worst adaptation I've had to deal with so far was a simultaneous switch from high-treadwear tires to RS3's while also stepping down from a staggered to a square tire setup. Felt awful to me the first drive, but after a full weekend I adapted and decided I liked it better. I'm sure this sway+spring change will feel a little weird to me at first, too, but it'll probably be fine as long as I don't screw it up too badly.
Speaking of treadwear, do you check tire temps? I drove around the block after coil install and when checking rubbing and such when I got back I noticed the inner wall was hot as hell yet the outer was very cold. Obviously severe camber and getting it aligned tomorrow but it still made me think about temps on the track and wear. I'd assume even temps across the carcass is ideal? Thinking of buying a temp gun.