View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 08:28 PM   #2211 (permalink)
jsutton2
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Sport
jsutton2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
So I took the Z out to test the new fitting. I just got on the highway and caught a rock from a passing vehicle....

While on our drive Mrs.Force called the glass shop. They said they would have a new windshield ready at 2pm. On the way there I came up on this... I can't say what happened next...

Next the monkeys at the glass shop... Let me put it to you this way, they are getting me another windshield.

Top before, bottom after. Also notice the defect on the edge of the glass. I think they installed the weatherstrip upside down. I will be inspecting the glass and weatherstrip before the next installation. Something they should have done this time.

When I finally got home I checked the new fitting. It's leaking too. FFS. I am going to make a new hose, the new one will be a half inch longer. Shouldn't make a difference as the hose I have on there now isn't stressed. It's the only other thing I can think of doing.

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrghhh!!!!!!!!
Mine looks similar but it's not leaking that I can tell... It's as if they installed the windshield lower than they should have, because I can actually see the edge of the windshield at the top. The weatherstripping at the top doesn't cover the edge of the windshield like it used to.

Would you guys have them fix it, even if it doesn't leak? Our cars are so loud that I have no idea if there is any additional wind noise.