View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 11:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I did the 3.3 in my 350z and it was worth it. I plan to with my 370.

dang, I didnt know the 370z dropped cruise with the 3.3. Hmm, I will have to ponder why the cruise control cares about the final drive. I figured it would just be a wheel speed based thing, and it would adjust throttle to achieve the target wheel speed. Anyone clear on why we lose cruise? I am drawing a blank at the moment.
No idea... Didn't a vendor fix it when the auto guys went from 3.357 to 4.08? Could it be the same fix?

And using cruise control in 6th vs 5th shouldn't save THAT much gas if you're actually cruising. And the gears will be longer, soupy might be close to the same revs in 5th with the auto diff vs 6th with the MT diff