View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #66 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

400 hp, 325 lb tq, 3075 lbs from a Japanese factory with equivelant ride and handling to a 911 or Cayman for $60,000. I'd be the exception and buy it. (911s numbers)

However I believe Firebase is correct, this ain't gonna happen. Carlos Ghosn is a shrewd business man that knows, it's the bottom line which keeps his job/bonuses and Nissan in business. He's all about controlling expenses, maximizing sales and profitability. Expanding and re-tooling your manufacturing plant to get into the very niche $60k+ sports car market is loaded with risk and very little potential return. They already have a halo car (GTR) that spanks the competition in the price/performance category, yet are now giving a $10k additional discount to clear out the 2014's.

I don't know what's going to happen with the Z, but from a business perspective. I do believe if a new Z comes along, it will be sharing it's engine or engines/chassis with other Nissan/Infiniti vehicles manufactured at the same plant.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote