View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
k.alexander
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PG M6
k.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Wallace View Post
Here are some choices:
Make sure that the 400mi away dealer is willing to part with the car first.
Get a flatbed quote from the selling dealer transporter that they use to ship their auction car back and forth, they usually have a working relationship with the dealer.
Go with the driver and drive your new Z back yourself if you are concerned about someone else driving it.
If you are having the dealer drive the vehicle in for you (the factory only pays shipping once for the vehicle to get to the ordering dealership), put a clause on your purchase order stipulating a final inspection by you for flaws prior to taking final delivery. That will put the responsibility for chips and scratches back onto the selling dealer instead of you. As far as break in, I wouldn't worry too much about it, I don't think the driver is going to hold the vehicle at redline for the whole trip.

Thanks Phil for laying out the options and offering some good advice. I should hear from the dealer about the "near by" car at 1pm today. If that's no-go, going to have to explore the other options as above.
k.alexander is offline   Reply With Quote