View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 02:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
The stock mounts are pretty decent. I like having solid mounts because my turbos and what-not are very close to the chassis, and its nice to not having them wack the side firewalls during powershifts. Also it reduces pull on the intercooler couplers, etc.

I personally go solid metal with the VQ. Its a very smooth engine IMHO and they only really make a lot of annoying vibration when the starter is cranking. After that, I hardly notice they are there other than the reduced lag between throttle and drivetrain acceleration. Maybe people more sensitive to noise would have more complaints about it. But personally I dont really perceive much difference.

I dont go solid metal on the trans mount though, I tried that and it put the transmission noise over the top for me.
I have the solid motor mounts, but have not changed out my trans mount or diff mounts yet. I plan to go solid all the way, but I may go with urethane on the trans mount only to keep the chatter down.

I noticed a massive difference with the solid mounts installed. Response was more direct and precise. The only downside(s)..........increased vibration and chatter (starting from standstill).
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote