View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 12:09 AM   #61 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubetit View Post
Not true at all.

Each insurance company has a cost of repair against percentage of current value chart. Some insurers will repair at 70-80% of current value. Farmer's Insurance tried to repair my business partner's Cadillac with $22k of damage with a value of $29k. They only totaled it after I got involved

... and yes, Florida does suck for car insurance.
Good point... I was wondering why everybody believes when an airbag deploys it automatically means your car is totaled?? Just google it and you'll see that isn't true. It doesn't take much for an airbag to go off.... If your car is worth 40k and there is only 10k dollars in damage with a deployed airbag, what route do you really think the insurance company is going to take?

Good luck with everything OP
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote