View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #58 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
agreed. this is one of my fears with going with sticky DR's on my car even being just N/A.

my luck the extra grip will end up blowing out my diff or a axle
I honestly dont think you need to worry about anything except your axles and rear differential mount. The 3rd gear on some of the older trans used to separate but I have not not yet heard of that happening since the CD009 trans or any of the 370z trans (and it was only the high HP TT cars that I ever heard of it happen to). Our driveshaft and differential is in the category of "bulletproof" as in nearly unheard of failures.

The diff mounts are cheap and a couple hours of work to change out. The axles arent hard but expensive if you replace with upgraded ones. Just preload the drivetrain before launch and dont stay in it during wheel hop and you probably wont break an axle.