Thread: Gauge selection
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
aszyd
Track Member

Drives: Magma Red 370z T+S
aszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
I wouldn't consider running any gauges NA. I researched all the options and the GReddy and Innovate were the best two pod combination option on the market. Everything else either left something to be desired or involved more pods. (item to note is I have a G and there are no pods on the dash and everyone has the display screen regardless if you have nav or not)

As for cost. It was about the same as any other setup combination I looked at assuming you buy good gauges, which is the only way to go when boosting. Why spending $10-15k and then cheap out for a couple hundred savings on gauges.
I'm with you on all of that. I have an oil cooler ready to go, but the general consensus was to not run one without a pressure gauge, so out came the stock gauges and in went aftermarket. I was hoping for a dual pressure / temp setup, but the only gauge that worked for me was the Greddy and I was ultimately unhappy with it. If it were 52mm and/or not EOL, my story would be different.
aszyd is offline   Reply With Quote