View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 08:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
which is why I usually let the dealership do all the scheduled maintenance while a car is in warranty. it might be a little more $$, but you never know when you will need someone on your side.

That being said, I service the cayenne at vw, because its half the price and I won't have it past the warranty anyway since its a lease.
That is an excellent point. Although it can be difficult for some to find a nearby dealer that is trustworthy. But even in hindsight, I would definitely be happier with the route I took (doing everything myself) vs letting the dealer do everything even if I knew they would 100% cover the CSC and such. I wasn't really a car guy before the Z, and I'm glad to have all the tools and knowledge that I have acquired since purchasing it

We have an Acura lease and the dealer won't even use the recommended oil weight when they do the oil change. I can do it myself with the 0W-20 full synthetic (instead of the 5W-20 blend the dealer uses) for less than their "deal", plus it takes up less of my time overall.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote