View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #1059 (permalink)
14ZTSport
Base Member

Drives: 14 Z M6 PW T/S
14ZTSport is a glorious beacon of light14ZTSport is a glorious beacon of light14ZTSport is a glorious beacon of light14ZTSport is a glorious beacon of light14ZTSport is a glorious beacon of light

Today, a couple of things...

1. Saw my life flash before my eyes: driving on way back to work after lunch, 45 mph on highway access road. Dually in front of me practically comes to complete stop to turn right into a Red Lobster parking lot, so I had to stop. Glance in rear view and see about a 1980 full size pick up bearing down on me at 45 mph. Stomping on and off brakes trying to get inattentive driver to look up from whatever she was doing BESIDES driving. Had resigned myself to the rear end impact when I heard her lock up her brakes and glancing up again to rear view saw her stopped about 3 feet from the rear of my car. She catches my eye in the side mirror and waves at me in that "I'm a dumb***, sorry about that" way. Proceeded to work with only about 5 years off my life expectancy!

2. After the recent discussion on locking lug nuts, checked my wheels when I got back to work and, sure enough, locking lug nuts. (Why would the salesman tell me, after all). Didn't have time to search for key, so let it go, then sweated it out all the way home hoping I wouldn't get a flat...yes, I know odds were about a zillion to one! Got home, put on some shorts and began my search...door cubbies, nope; glove box, nope; both seats all the way forward to look behind and under; nope; under z hatchback carpet, stock carpet, in spare tire area; nope; decide to check behind seats again and notice closed compartment behind passenger's seat above self; ding, ding, ding...sure enough, package with regular lugs and locking lug "key"....whew! On a positive note, found and discarded all kinds of little white labels from behind and under seats AND got to know my car a little better!