View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #124 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

This is why I use 18" wheels and 645mm diameter tyres ..... it gets the car low (lower CoG) with (relatively) standard suspension arm angles.

Since I am not FI, I can get away with 265/35 fronts and 275/35 rears (on 9.5: rims).

To make a car "work" its tyres, you need to increase spring to the stage where it becomes uncomfortable as a DD, which is "just" another compromise when tracking a DD.

You can see here at a recent event where I have loaded the left side and it is planted, but the right side front is only running on (maybe) half the tyre given the roll induced into the car (pic taken at T8 which is 6500rpm in 5th so the car is honking at that stage and the suspension stays loaded for 4-5 seconds.

Phillip Island Photography / Motorsport Photography : Team 25 - Les Pilots DAncien MG : A64H1040

I am running max of front bar and minimum rear bar with the progressive springs that came with KW3 dampers and since the PI surface is "smooth" I also run a lot of bump and rebound to keep the car stiff and work the tyres.

Last edited by BGTV8; 08-11-2014 at 04:47 PM.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote