Thread: 2015 Nismo
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #221 (permalink)
Nargrakhan
Base Member

Drives: Nothing
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstarcg View Post
So another question. Did you have to give a non refundable down payment due to it being a special order? Or is that a risk the dealer takes?
Even with a perfect FICO score, I can't imagine dealers out there who'd factory order a car without some kind of down payment. It at least shows you're serious and not just wasting their time. My second car was special ordered with a refundable down payment, so I know it's possible. But it really depends on the dealer and how long he thinks it will take to sell the car if you back out. On the other hand, the 2015 NISMO makes a good showroom car for the time it sits there... however each dealer thinks differently about unsold merchandise that just sits around for a few months before getting sold.

If you're forced to have your down payment non-refundable, it gives the dealer a lot more leverage. It also lets them sell it for slightly less to the other guy. All around win-win for them.

I'd fight for a refundable down payment. It's the principle. I don't like the dealer having win-win.

Quote:
If you don't mind telling what your final price is?
We haven't hammered the pre-arrival price yet. I won't say final, because there's always room for negotiation after it gets to America. Probably a few more days. There's also another dealer in the next state (about two hours away), who might secure an Open Allotment. If they can, it will really strengthen my hand.

Quote:
I kind of want to see where I can get my price to go. I already have a few points planed on making when trying to lower the price haha.
Way I see it, our biggest setback is the car has low supply (the whole factory order thing). But there's also that old saying: "an object is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay."

All said and done, the ball is entirely in our court. We don't have to buy it from them, and we could always wait until the situation is better. Do you really have to be among the first people to get this car? It will be sold for at least another 12 months, so there's no need to rush. Within four to six, this car will be on dealer lots across the country.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote