View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
osirus
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
osirus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
However the onus is on you to prove that the fault was on a third party, sometimes hard when the other party does not stop.

I find it hard to believe, meaning. If I park my car somewhere and someone swipes the side of me then if I make a claim my insurance wont go up next year? doubt it.

On friday night I nearly hit a cat crossing a road, fortunately for me the road was clear and I swerved to avoid it hitting my right corner bumper. Now, if I had hit the cat, and claimed for a new bumper are you saying my premiums would not go up? I am guessing that I would need to prove to Geico it was indeed a cat?
Well it all comes down to your agent's common sense in all aspects. Most of the time the agent determining has a good frame of mind, along with the viability of the situation and if it could happen. Anyone can get on here and go Well "what If this, and what if that' the reality is that when you get the agent in the call, is this a situation of a possibility that it could do damage or not. I can't speak to each hypothetical situation it all goes back to the agent and viable-ness of the incident.
osirus is offline   Reply With Quote