View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice
Default 370Z Roadster - Initial Impressions

370Z Roadster – Impressions

As some of you know, I got my 370Z Touring Coue 7AT with Sports Package last January. Prior to that, I had a 350Z Grand Touring Roadster (I generally get vehicles with everything available). Now that I’ve had my roadster for nearly two weeks and have almost 500 miles on it I’m now an expert on the 307Z Roadster!!! Well no, not really, but I thought I’d post some initial impressions.

I have a 7AT Touring model with Sports Package, Navigation ( Pics Here! ). Everything I love about the 370Z coupe is still here and some things are better. One noteworthy change is the upgraded heated and cooled seats. While the weather has been too cool to truly test the effectiveness of the cooling units they seem to work pretty well.

The Black Cherry is growing on me as well. It isn't that I didn't think I would like it but my '08 roadster was San Marino Blue and I truly loved that deep blue color and would love to see it brought back. Anyway, the Black Cherry looks great in the sun and has an air of "class" to it that is difficult to put into words.

Another improvement is the navigation system including the traffic and weather information. It’s difficult (and would probably be pretty boring) to describe all the difference in the nav system but they are there and I like the changes. The weather is an especially nice feature (being able to see real-time weather info for both where you are and where you are going or any city/location you are interested in).

Most importantly, the roadster only gains about 175lbs over the coupe so performance is still readily available and while the coupe is truly inspiring to drive, there is nothing quite like opening up a drop-top sport car on a crisp morning.

The only regret I have with my roadster is that I know it’s going to be sitting in my garage far too much for the next three months or so. Thankfully, our winters in Middle Tennessee aren’t usually too cold or too long but I know I’m going to be looking forward to spring with a lot of anticipation this year. In the meantime, I’ll probably try to find some excuses for visits to Florida or South Carolina or some other more southern location over the winter!

As I live with the vehicle over the coming weeks, I’ll come back and add to this thread but any others who take delivery feel free to add your thoughts as well!

Happy roaderstering!

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 11-23-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Robert_Nash is offline   Reply With Quote