View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #42 (permalink)
Rid3_FaM0uS
Track Member

Drives: 2011 BS Nismo 370z
Rid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
85ft lbs should be good to go. Perhaps they raised the torque specs or changed material of their standard studs to allow more torque? Because I am pretty sure that the stud threads and length and everything are the same as the DE arent they? Its been many years, its just burned into my brain that all the 2003-2004 DE builds were blowing headgaskets with the normal ones and then it became a non-issue when we all went to 1/2" threads.
Charles. I still haven't had time to measure the studs to get you an answer sorry but I do believe they changed to their ARP 2000 grade material for the studs so that could be where the much higher allowable torque specs are coming from. both my mains and heads were torqued 3 equal stages @ 85